[Pljava-dev] can't install pl/java undefined symbol errstart

From: adityapk at gmail(dot)com (aditya Kulkarni)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] can't install pl/java undefined symbol errstart
Date: 2004-07-28 06:37:23
Lists: pljava-dev

Hi,

I was trying to install pl/java on my postgres 7.4.3. I set up all the
classpaths and the LD_LIBRARY_PATH and all that and started postgres.
Now, when i try to deploy pl/java, i get these errors.

java -cp .:pljava.jar:deploy.jar:/prog/software/libs/pg74.214.jdbc3.jar
org.postgresql.pljava.deploy.Deployer -reinstall -user akulkarni
-database postgresql
java.sql.SQLException: ERROR: Load of file
/prog/software/downloads/pljava/libpljava.so failed:
/prog/software/downloads/pljava/libpljava.so: undefined symbol:
errstart
at org.postgresql.core.QueryExecutor.executeV2(QueryExecutor.java:287)
at org.postgresql.core.QueryExecutor.execute(QueryExecutor.java:104)
at org.postgresql.core.QueryExecutor.execute(QueryExecutor.java:43)

What does this mean ? undefined symbol errstart... I tried to google
this, but not much help. When i look at the postgres log ( set at
min_level = info ), this is what i get...

LOG: database system is ready
FATAL: unsupported frontend protocol
ERROR: Language java doesn't exist
LOG: statement: DROP LANGUAGE java CASCADE
ERROR: Load of file /prog/software/downloads/pljava/libpljava.so
failed: /prog/software/downloads/pljava/libpljava.so: undefined
symbol: errstart
LOG: statement: CREATE FUNCTION sqlj.java_call_handler() RETURNS
language_handler AS 'libpljava' LANGUAGE C
LOG: pq_recvbuf: unexpected EOF on client connection

Why is it saying unsopported frontend protocol at the start... ?

Can you help me here ? Thanks in advance

--
Aditya Kulkarni