INITDB in VISTA

From: "Anderson dos Santos Donda" <andersondonda(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: INITDB in VISTA
Date: 2008-10-03 13:05:23
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Friends!!

I install the postgre 8.3 by command line :

msiexec /i postgresql-8.3-int.msi /qr ADDLOCAL=server,psql,pgadmin
INTERNALLAUNCH=1 DOSERVICE=1 DOINITDB=1 ENCODING=UTF8
SERVICEDOMAIN="%COMPUTERNAME%" SERVICEACCOUNT="postgre_service"
SERVICEPASSWORD="passWorD" CREATESERVICEUSER=1
SERVICENAME="PGServiceDatabase" SUPERUSER="postgres"
SUPERPASSWORD="otHErPass" PERMITREMOTE=0 PL_PGSQL=1 NOSHORTCUTS=1
BASEDIR="C:\postgre" TRANSFORMS=:lang_pt_br

And, i don't have any problems whit it, but now, some Windows Vista doesn't
allow to execute the initdb.exe, and I need to change DOINITDB=1 to 0 (
DOINITDB=0).

After installation, I to execute manualy the initdb.

But when I go to "Panel Control" > Adminstrative Tools > Service and try to
start my service, it doesn't start.

What I need to do to start the service by Administrative Tools?

Thanks for helps