Partitioning table on tztsrange

From: Alexandre Lessard <alessard(at)mapgears(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Partitioning table on tztsrange
Date: 2019-04-11 14:05:13
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi psql users,

I'm looking into implementing a partitioning solution for one of our
table that has a lot of data. The catch here is that our filter index is
on a tstzrange and all our code is using the range functions to filter
the data.

I'd like to know if it's possible to use a tstzrange as the partition
key column and if so, how is it configured on the sub tables for the limits.

What I'd like to do is configure the partitions on the lower value of
the tstzrange.

Thanks for your help.

Alexandre Lessard
Mapgears