Re: BUG #18569: Memory leak in Postgres Enterprise server

From: Tomas Vondra <tomas(at)vondra(dot)me>
To: "Mathias, Renci" <rmathias(at)informatica(dot)com>, "Yeddula, Madhusudhan reddy [CONTINGENT WORKER]" <myeddula(at)informatica(dot)com>, "Sahu, Abhisek Kumar" <absahu(at)informatica(dot)com>, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>, "pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, "Sachan, Vishal" <vsachan(at)informatica(dot)com>
Cc: "Kumar, Gaurav" <gaurkumar(at)informatica(dot)com>, "Nayak, Deepak Vaikunta" <dnayak(at)informatica(dot)com>
Subject: Re: BUG #18569: Memory leak in Postgres Enterprise server
Date: 2024-08-19 14:06:57
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On 8/19/24 09:19, Mathias, Renci wrote:
> Hi @Yeddula, Madhusudhan reddy <mailto:myeddula(at)informatica(dot)com>,
>
> Post re-running the operations, the repository experienced downtime
> after 32 hours and the PID was subsequently changed.
>

> Here are the details of the run:
>
> * *Run Start Time:* 14th Aug 8:00 PM
> * *Operation Failure:* 15th Aug 8:21 AM (The repository PID 16320 did
> not change and the operation hang)
> * *All Operations Hang:* 16th Aug 10:38 AM
> * *Repository PID Change:* 16th Aug 11:01 AM (PID changed to 10544)
>

> Below is the screenshot for your reference with reference to Operation
> Failure*:* 15th Aug 8:21 AM
>

> Attached is the file with reference to Repository Logs.
>
> Could you please investigate the DB server logs on your end and address
> the queries raised by the PostgreSQL team? Your prompt attention to this
> issue would be of great help.

I'm sorry, but those errors / logs are apparently from some proprietary
Informatica product. I doubt anyone here is going to trawl 7.5MB of
verbose logs in search of what might have gone wrong. It's not even
clear to me what should we be looking for and at what time. You'll have
to do that yourself and tell us what the interesting bits are.

In my previous reply from August 12 I asked for a number of things (what
query was running/failed, explain plan, info on memory usage, info on
config parameters, ...). AFAIK we got exactly zero of those responses.

I'm sorry, but that's pretty crucial information for issues like this. I
doubt anyone will be able to help you until you provide that.

regards

--
Tomas Vondra