Re: Diff of this page with other version

From: "Euler Taveira" <euler(at)eulerto(dot)com>
To: "Daniel Gustafsson" <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>, "Marcos Pegoraro" <marcos(at)f10(dot)com(dot)br>
Cc: "Alvaro Herrera" <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Diff of this page with other version
Date: 2024-03-04 14:45:38
Lists: pgsql-www

On Mon, Mar 4, 2024, at 10:31 AM, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
> > On 4 Mar 2024, at 14:11, Marcos Pegoraro <marcos(at)f10(dot)com(dot)br> wrote:
>
> > I understand your point but cannot imagine a tool that does all those points I've detailed.
>
> Googling for "diff two webpages", taking the first hit and plugging in the
> CREATE TABLE page you used as an example gave me a comparison which pulled out
> the STORAGE changes very clearly. It didn't look exactly like your mockups,
> but it did the job.

There is also tools like pgPedia [1] that provides a command / function
history. Unless there is a way to automate this request as Alvaro said, it
would impose extra work by adding tags to mark that a feature adds a keyword
and/or value. What happen if a deprecated keyword / value was removed? The
synopsis content can be rearranged too. I have a gut feeling that some work
should be done manually.

[1] https://pgpedia.info/c/copy.html

--
Euler Taveira