Re: WAL restoration is not happening completely

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: rajan <vgmonnet(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: WAL restoration is not happening completely
Date: 2016-11-14 13:58:14
Lists: pgsql-admin

On 11/14/16 4:49 AM, rajan wrote:
> *The restored database has changes which were done today and missing data
> from changes did a couple of days before.*

That is pretty much impossible.

It is plausible to mess some of this up and end up with a database
instance that is missing the trailing end of changes because recovery
aborted early somehow. But missing changes *in the middle* is not
possible, unless you are encountering a serious bug.

I suggest that there is some other confusion or misunderstanding going
on. Just to be sure, make sure you are using the latest minor version.