Postgresql/linux speed + reliability

From: eel(at)javabox(dot)com (Eel)
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postgresql/linux speed + reliability
Date: 2002-02-15 00:35:47
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,
I was almost finished with a VB/MS-access app and went to install on
the client's site. Started having horrible (once a day) database
corruption problems. I'm recommending that we switch to
Linux/Postgresql. It's been 100% reliable and fast for me on several
web sites that I manage.

Anybody care to comment on VB/odbc connection to Linux/Postresql?
Is it fast? Is it reliable? I'm looking at about 8 users hitting the
database pretty hard for 2 shifts a day. Also have a barcode reader
polling app that does updates about 3 times a second. Is it going to
work?

Thanks!