Information about XLogWrite

From: Aniket Kulkarni <aniket_kulkarni(at)persistent(dot)co(dot)in>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Information about XLogWrite
Date: 2002-02-13 09:01:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

Recently I got this error while the database was starting up. :

FATAL 2: XLogWrite: writerequest is past end of log

And the database did not startup, and finally I had to do a
pg_resetxlog. I tried going through the code which gave
this error but I was unable to comprehend much.

Could anyone tell me how exactly this error is caused. Also I would like
to know whether there is any detail
documentation about the WAL implemenation (also pg_resetxlog
implemenation) of postgres.

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Aniket