Foreign Key error

From: "Jasbinder Singh Bali" <jsbali(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Foreign Key error
Date: 2007-06-12 19:49:26
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I have a Pl/Perlu function in which I have written an insert statement in
tbl_xyz.
If there's not foreign key in this table, insert works fine.
As soon as i make one of its fields refer to tbl_abc i.e field a in tbl_xyz
refering to
field a in tbl_abc, insert fails.
Now the problem is, I can't see the actual error, i mean the place where it
fails.
Is there any way by which I can include a few lines of code that would log
any error in a file
whenever the insert fails.

Thanks,
~Jas