Re: Dynamic loading of Perl Code in Postgres functions

From: "Jasbinder Singh Bali" <jsbali(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Dynamic loading of Perl Code in Postgres functions
Date: 2007-01-18 22:16:27
Lists: pgsql-general

Lately i've been able to user 'require' command successfully and the
script was pretty straight forward and simple. I had to play around
with @INC.

Moving forward, I have another question here,

CREATE FUNCTION *funcname* (*argument-types*) RETURNS *return-type* AS
require " abc.pl"
$$ LANGUAGE plperlu;

In the above script if I have to call a particular sub-routine in abc.pl.
How can that be done?
I have to pass values to the arguments of a sub routine in abc.pl from
the the function funcname (arguments of the funcname in particular).
How would this thing be done?

Thanks,
Jas