Re: Migrating from Sql Server to PostgreSQL - postgres drivers

From: "Igal (at) Lucee(dot)org" <igal(at)lucee(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Migrating from Sql Server to PostgreSQL - postgres drivers
Date: 2017-12-13 22:23:06
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On 12/13/2017 11:23 AM, Mark Rotteveel wrote:
> On 2017-12-13 19:03, Zahid Iqbal wrote:
>> You need to place the driver under JDK/JRE-HOME/ext/lib path (the MTK
>> 51 contains classpath reference for an old version of PG JDBC driver)
>> so that JVM picks the driver in default classpath (alternatively you
>> can place PG JDBC driver ver 9.4-1208 under MTK lib path).
>
> JDBC drivers don't belong in lib/ext, and the lib/ext extension
> mechanism has been deprecated in Java 8 and removed in Java 9.

You can put the JAR file of the driver anywhere on the classpath. I'm
not familiar with the MTK, but if MTK has a lib directory then that
sounds like the right place to go.

Also, you can probably use a newer driver from
https://jdbc.postgresql.org/download.html -- there have been quite a few
changes since the aforementioned version.

Igal Sapir
Lucee Core Developer
Lucee.org <http://lucee.org/>