Problems building postgresql 8.0.1 on OS X 10.3.8

From: "beyarecords(dot)com" <uzo(at)beyarecords(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Problems building postgresql 8.0.1 on OS X 10.3.8
Date: 2005-03-15 12:05:51
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,
I get the following error message when trying to build postgresql:

checking for C compiler default output... configure: error: C
compiler cannot create executables

I have installed XCode which has the gcc compiler. I use the
following configure command to start the build process:

./configure --with-perl --with-python --with-tcl --without-tk
--with-openssl --without-readline --enable-debug
ANT=/library/ant/bin/ant

I have used the above combination before with no problems. What is
the issue here and how can I resolve it?

regards

Uzo