Re: MySQL -> pgsql

From: Michelle Murrain <mpm(at)norwottuck(dot)com>
To: "David Reid" <dreid(at)jetnet(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: MySQL -> pgsql
Date: 2000-10-19 18:46:11
Lists: pgsql-general

>Can someone point me at any resources on the web that can help with such a
>transformation? I have a series of tables I want to convert. Thanks.
>
>Oh, and I'm not on the list so can you email direct! :)

I don't know MySQL, but I've converted tables from mSQL to pgsql by
just using the dump tool in mSQL (dumps the schema and data in SQL
format into a text file), then go into psql and execute the text file
that comes from the dump. I'm sure MySQL has a tool to do that.

Michelle
--
Michelle Murrain Ph.D., President