High availibility with PostgreSQL

From: IH8MSFT <me(at)here(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: High availibility with PostgreSQL
Date: 2002-07-23 06:29:14
Lists: pgsql-general

I am trying to present a convincing argument for the powers that be to
migrate from SQL Server 2000 / W2K Advanced Server at my work to PostgreSQL
or another open source database that can run on Linux.

I'm trying to find out what the current best solutions for failover are
currently available for PostgreSQL on Linux. A commercial soultion would
be OK with us.

I've scoured google groups but only came up with the eserver stuff which
seems to have not been updated since 2000.

Is it feasible to replicate the data store of PostgreSQL? Is it possible to
setup a log shipping like warm standby server soultion? Is there anyway to
run PostgreSQL in a cluster?

Thank you so much for your advice!

Chris