Re: Refactor to use common function 'get_publications_str'.

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Peter Smith <smithpb2250(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Refactor to use common function 'get_publications_str'.
Date: 2024-10-24 04:17:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Oct 23, 2024 at 03:40:19PM -0700, Masahiko Sawada wrote:
> > Now, I've changed the function comment to:
> > /*
> > * Add a comma-separated list of publication names to the 'dest' string.
> > */
>
> Thank you for updating the patch. The patch looks good to me.

+ /* Build the pub_names comma-separated string. */
+ GetPublicationsStr(MySubscription->publications, pub_names, true);

In fetch_remote_table_info(), it is true that we may finish by
building the same list two times, but your patch also changes the
logic so as the string is built for nothing when dealing with a server
version of 14 or older. That's a waste in these cases.
--
Michael