Re: Set query_id for query contained in utility statement

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Anthonin Bonnefoy <anthonin(dot)bonnefoy(at)datadoghq(dot)com>
Cc: jian he <jian(dot)universality(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Set query_id for query contained in utility statement
Date: 2024-10-18 06:27:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Oct 15, 2024 at 10:11:40AM +0200, Anthonin Bonnefoy wrote:
> I've updated the patchset with additional tests for COPY in 0001. 0002
> includes the necessary modifications to handle COPY.

Beginning with the beginning of this patch series.

+SELECT toplevel, calls, query FROM pg_stat_statements
+ ORDER BY toplevel desc, query COLLATE "C";

In v8-0001, for the tests that want to track the queries showing up,
could it be better to adjust the ORDER BY to be (query, toplevel,
calls), making the query string first? This way, it is possible to
see which are the doublons of queries showing up for toplevel as true
and false depending on the utility.
--
Michael