Re: Logical replication - initial data synchronization

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Koen De Groote <kdg(dot)dev(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Logical replication - initial data synchronization
Date: 2024-10-17 13:08:26
Lists: pgsql-docs

On Thu, Oct 17, 2024 at 10:59:51AM +0200, Koen De Groote wrote:
> Hello Bruce, thanks for picking this up.
>
> Personally, I would make explicit mention of the fact that creating the
> snapshot and copying the data is taken care of by Postgres itself. Those are
> the points that had me confused early on, wondering if I had to perform the
> copy once the snapshot was ready.

Updated patch attached. I tried to tighten up the wording and add more
detail. I didn't see the point in repeating the same paragraph later on
so I removed it.

EDB https://enterprisedb.com

When a patient asks the doctor, "Am I going to die?", he means
"Am I going to die soon?"

Attachment Content-Type Size
logical.diff text/x-diff 3.0 KB