Re: Detailed release notes

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Marcos Pegoraro <marcos(at)f10(dot)com(dot)br>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>, jian he <jian(dot)universality(at)gmail(dot)com>, Jelte Fennema-Nio <postgres(at)jeltef(dot)nl>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Detailed release notes
Date: 2024-09-18 00:13:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Sep 17, 2024 at 03:29:54PM -0300, Marcos Pegoraro wrote:
> Em ter., 17 de set. de 2024 às 05:12, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
> escreveu:
>
> Add backend support for injection points (Michael Paquier) [commit 1] [2]
> [3] [4]
>
> I think this way would be fine.
>
> And it would be good to have a
> target="_blank"
> on commit links so a new window or tab would be opened instead of going back
> and forth.
> This way you can open these 4 links and then navigate on them to see exactly
> what was done on every commit.

I think trying to add text to each item is both redundant and confusing,
because I am guessing that many people will not even know what a commit
is, and will be confused by clicking on the link.

What I have done is to add text to the top of "Appendix E. Release
Notes" explaining the symbol and what it links to. Patch attached.

We can still consider a different symbol or number labeling, but I think
this patch is in the right direction.

EDB https://enterprisedb.com

When a patient asks the doctor, "Am I going to die?", he means
"Am I going to die soon?"

Attachment Content-Type Size
section.diff text/x-diff 897 bytes