Re: Adding clarification to description of IPC wait events XactGroupUpdate and ProcArrayGroupUpdate

From: Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: SAMEER KUMAR <sameer(dot)kasi200x(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Adding clarification to description of IPC wait events XactGroupUpdate and ProcArrayGroupUpdate
Date: 2024-08-14 20:00:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Aug 14, 2024 at 10:38:49PM +0800, SAMEER KUMAR wrote:
> Yes, while reviewing the history of changes, I too noticed the same. The
> documentation of older versions (v12 [1]) still has old descriptions.

After reading the related threads and code, I'm inclined to agree that this
is a mistake, or at least that the current wording is likely to mislead
folks into thinking it has something to do with parallel query. I noticed
that your patch changed a few things in the description, but IMHO we should
keep the fix focused, i.e., just replace "end of a parallel operation" with
"transaction end." I've attached a modified version of the patch with this
change.

--
nathan

Attachment Content-Type Size
v2-0001-Fix-a-couple-of-wait-event-descriptions.patch text/plain 2.1 KB