Re: Patch bug: Fix jsonpath .* on Arrays

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: "David E(dot) Wheeler" <david(at)justatheory(dot)com>
Cc: Stepan Neretin <sncfmgg(at)gmail(dot)com>, Степан Неретин <fenixrnd(at)mail(dot)ru>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Patch bug: Fix jsonpath .* on Arrays
Date: 2024-07-19 05:42:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Jul 15, 2024 at 10:29:32AM -0400, David E. Wheeler wrote:
> It’s here:

Sorry for the delay. Finally came back to it, and applied the tests.
Thanks!

It was fun to see that HEAD was silenced with the first patch of this
thread that tweaked the behavior with arrays.

Regarding the comments, I have left them out for now. That may be a
good start, but it also feels like we should do a much better job
overall with the area of jsonpath_exec.c. One thing that may help as
a start is to reorganize the routines of the file and divide them into
sub-categories, or even go through a deeper refactoring to help
readers go through the existing 4.5k lines of code that are in this
single file..
--
Michael