Re: recovery test error

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: recovery test error
Date: 2024-07-16 23:45:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Jul 16, 2024 at 03:04:13PM -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> This was called by poll_query_until(), which is changed by the patch to use
> a libpq session rather than constantly forking psql. ISTM we should be
> passing true as a second parameter so we keep going if the file doesn't
> exist.
>
> Thoughts?

Sounds like a good idea to me as this call could return ENOENT
depending on the timing of the archiver pushing the new history file,
as writeTimeLineHistory() at the end of recovery notifies the archiver
but does not wait for the fact to happen (history files are
prioritized, still there is a delay).
--
Michael