Re: Test to dump and restore objects left behind by regression

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh(dot)bapat(dot)oss(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter(at)eisentraut(dot)org>, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: Test to dump and restore objects left behind by regression
Date: 2024-07-09 07:36:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Jul 08, 2024 at 03:59:30PM +0530, Ashutosh Bapat wrote:
> Before submitting the patch, I looked for all the places which mention
> AdjustUpgrade or AdjustUpgrade.pm to find places where the new module needs
> to be mentioned. But I didn't find any. AdjustUpgrade is not mentioned
> in src/test/perl/Makefile or src/test/perl/meson.build. Do we want to also
> add AdjustUpgrade.pm in those files?

Good question. This has not been mentioned on the thread that added
the module:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/891521.1673657296%40sss.pgh.pa.us

And I could see it as being useful if installed. The same applies to
Kerberos.pm, actually. I'll ping that on a new thread.

> We could forget 0002. I am fine with that. But I can change the code such
> that formats other than "plain" are tested when PG_TEST_EXTRAS contains
> "regress_dump_formats". Would that be acceptable?

Interesting idea. That may be acceptable, under the same arguments as
the xid_wraparound one.
--
Michael