Creation of REL_17_STABLE and upcoming Commit Fest 2024-07

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Postgres hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Creation of REL_17_STABLE and upcoming Commit Fest 2024-07
Date: 2024-06-30 23:35:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi all,

As some of you may have noticed, a new stable branch named
REL_17_STABLE has just been created, meaning that we are on time to
begin the development cycle for v18.

Commit fest 2024-07 (https://commitfest.postgresql.org/48/) is still
open for patches, and will be switched as active in the next 12 hours
or so, mapping with the beginning of 2024-07-01 AoE:
https://www.timeanddate.com/time/zones/aoe

If you have any patches you would like to register, please make sure
to add them to the app.

I may have missed some messages, but it appears that we don't have a
CFM for the moment? I am planning to focus on my usual review work
and issue triaging without being the top-level CFM, FWIW.

And happy v18 hacking. Thanks,
--
Michael