small pg_dump code cleanup

From: Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: small pg_dump code cleanup
Date: 2024-06-05 15:13:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

While reviewing Daniel's pg_dump patch [0], I was initially confused
because the return value of getTypes() isn't saved anywhere. Once I found
commit 92316a4, I realized that data was actually stored in a separate hash
table. In fact, many of the functions in this area don't actually need to
return anything, so we can trim some code and hopefully reduce confusion a
bit. Patch attached.

[0] https://postgr.es/m/8F1F1E1D-D17B-4B33-B014-EDBCD15F3F0B%40yesql.se

--
nathan

Attachment Content-Type Size
v1-0001-Trim-some-unnecessary-pg_dump-code.patch text/plain 27.7 KB