Re: Wich program generates "list index out of range" ? pgadmin or the server ?

From: hubert depesz lubaczewski <depesz(at)depesz(dot)com>
To: intmail01 <intmail01(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Wich program generates "list index out of range" ? pgadmin or the server ?
Date: 2023-12-20 10:26:05
Lists: pgsql-sql

On Tue, Dec 19, 2023 at 11:26:46AM +0300, intmail01 wrote:
> My db have some complex triggers and it failed when inserting line.
> I use Pgadmin and it display message "list index out of range".
> Could someone tell me which program is responsible of this message, pgadmin
> or the remote server ?

Connect with psql, and generate the same problem (same inserts).

And you will know if the server is returning it.

For what it's worth, in pg sources there is just one please where the
phrase "list index out of range" exists, and it's in tests of plpython
code. So, perhaps you have some trigger in plpython?

Best regards,

depesz