Re: missing client_hostname

From: Christoph Moench-Tegeder <cmt(at)burggraben(dot)net>
To: Atul Kumar <akumar14871(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: missing client_hostname
Date: 2023-11-01 19:46:25
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

please don't top-post.

## Atul Kumar (akumar14871(at)gmail(dot)com):

> I have already enabled log_hostname, still *client_hostname is not showing
> up.*

It's always helpful to mention relevant non-default settings along
with the question. Was log_hostname really active at backup start
time? (Check pg_settings before starting the backup). Can the server
actually resolve the IP address to a host name?

> Do you think that just because I use ip instead of hostname while using
> pg_basebackup could be the reason for it ?

No.

Regards,
Christoph

--