Re: Will PostgreSQL 16 supports native transparent data encryption ?

From: Matthias Apitz <guru(at)unixarea(dot)de>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Will PostgreSQL 16 supports native transparent data encryption ?
Date: 2023-09-05 09:21:07
Lists: pgsql-general

message from Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net <mailto:sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>

> Greetings,
>

> * Ron (ronljohnsonjr(at)gmail(dot)com <mailto:ronljohnsonjr(at)gmail(dot)com>) wrote:

> > > Not, PG 16 will not support it, and I am unclear if later major versions
> > > will either.
> >
> > That's disappointing, since TDE makes PCI audits that much simpler.
>

> There's ongoing work happening for TDE support and we'd love to hear
> from folks who would like to see it included. You can expect an updated
> patch set for the September commitfest. Getting more folks to test it
> and use it and review it would certainly help move it forward.

Hello Stephen et all,

We have strong interest in TDE support and I would be happy to
test this with our Library Management System.

Thanks

matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru(at)unixarea(dot)de, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-176-38902045