Re: BUG #17973: Reinit of pgstats entry for dropped DB can break autovacuum daemon

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Jacob Speidel <jacob(at)extrahop(dot)com>
Cc: Will Mortensen <will(at)extrahop(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #17973: Reinit of pgstats entry for dropped DB can break autovacuum daemon
Date: 2023-08-12 00:23:35
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Fri, Aug 11, 2023 at 02:15:34PM -0700, Jacob Speidel wrote:
> I don't think this is a surprise to anyone but this is just an update that
> the bug still exists in 15.4 and the patch from Andres still fixes the
> problem.

Yes, this one has been sitting in my inbox for a few weeks now. The
part I am not quite sure of is what we should do for the stats
gathered by startup process, but that's separate from this autovacuum
scheduling problem at the end.

Andres, were you planning to do something here or did you need some
help?
--
Michael