Hebrew translation - 0x202A

From: Dominik Rehák <drehak(at)redhat(dot)com>
To: pgsql-translators(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Filip Januš <fjanus(at)redhat(dot)com>
Subject: Hebrew translation - 0x202A
Date: 2023-07-26 12:13:00
Lists: pgsql-translators

Hello,

I've found the 0x202A code point (LEFT-TO-RIGHT EMBEDDING) in the Hebrew
localization of PostgreSQL (src/bin/psql/po/he.po, line 974). Is it supposed to
be there or is it some kind of mistake? I know the character can be important
for correct rendering of Hebrew but I don't see the code point in other Hebrew
strings.

(This was reported by internal RHEL package gating scripts as a potential
security problem. I don't know enough about Hebrew to tell if this is correct.)

Regards,
Dominik

--
Dominik Rehák