Re: Download failures on apt archive

From: Christoph Berg <myon(at)debian(dot)org>
To: Bradford Boyle <bradford(dot)d(dot)boyle(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: James Coleman <jtc331(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-pkg-debian(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Download failures on apt archive
Date: 2023-05-19 13:06:30
Lists: pgsql-pkg-debian

Re: Bradford Boyle
> It looks like the links on [1] are incorrect -- it gives [2] as the link
> for libpq-dev_14.7-1.pgdg110+1_amd64.deb but looking at the Package
> file, I think the correct link is [3] (i.e., pool/main vs pool/14).

Ah right, thanks for spotting that, I had missed that when trying to
debugging the issue earlier today. I remember now that I had omitted
the extra pool locations, but I missed that they are still used.

So in summary, the files are all there, but the path in the
referencing web page is wrong. Will fix.

> I think the issue has to do with set_package_component in
> generate-pgdg-source moving lib packages to a different component when
> the source postgresql version is older than PG_MAIN_VERSION; it looks
> generate-archive-lists assumes component is always main though.

Yeah I had the idea that for the archive, I could just ignore the
changed component and shovel everything into "main", but of course in
that case the files would have to be uploaded to that location.

Christoph