Re: Download failures on apt archive

From: Christoph Berg <myon(at)debian(dot)org>
To: James Coleman <jtc331(at)gmail(dot)com>, Bradford Boyle <bradford(dot)d(dot)boyle(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-pkg-debian(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Download failures on apt archive
Date: 2023-05-18 19:51:31
Lists: pgsql-pkg-debian

Re: James Coleman
> Hello,
>
> We've been trying to do direct downloads from the apt archive (e.g.
> [1]) and many of the files fail to download with an AccessDenied error
> with XML from S3 like:
>
> <Error>
> <Code>AccessDenied</Code>

Hmm, admittedly I've never tried to recheck if all the package links
worked after the initial setup, so it's well possible something went
wrong in the years since then.

I'll do some QA there tomorrow. Thanks for reporting!

Re: Bradford Boyle
> Hi James,
>
> apt-archive.p.o is hosted via an AWS S3 bucket which doesn't include/generate
> index lists (e.g, index.html) which is why [1] doesn't work.

There are manually uploaded index.html files generated from the
database mentioned earlier.

> Using this, we can see why [2] isn't working for you -- there is no libpq-dev
> in bullseye-pgdg-archive, the package is libpq5-dev.

libpq-dev is correct, the 5 is only in libpq5.deb.

Christoph