Thursday May 18, 2023, Meetup: Django and Postgres

From: Mark Wong <markwkm(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pdxpug(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Thursday May 18, 2023, Meetup: Django and Postgres
Date: 2023-05-14 00:52:25
Lists: pdxpug

2023 May 18 Meeting 6:30pm-8:30pm

Location:

PDX Code Guild
407 NE 12th Avenue, Portland, OR 97232
The parking lot is behind the building on Flanders.

Speaker: Grant Holly

Getting started with Django is a delight. However, as your application
grows, that sqlite database you start with can become a limitation. We
are going to look at how to wire up a new Django project to Postgres,
and we will talk about some of the neat features in Postgres and Django
that you can utilize including JSON, UDFs/procs, and extensions to name
a few.

Hopefully you can pick a few ideas, or even share your own with the
group. This talk is for all levels of experience from “I just heard
about Django” to “We run production Django”, from “oh Postgres, that’s
the elephant one right?” to “Ask me anything about Postgres”.

We will also have zoom link available closer to the presentation date if
you want to attend remotely. Sign up on the MeetUp page to receive the
zoom link notification: https://www.meetup.com/pdxpug/events/293519969/

--
Mark Wong
EDB https://enterprisedb.com