Re: speeding up grafana sensor-data query on raspberry pi 3

From: Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>
To: Clemens Eisserer <linuxhippy(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: speeding up grafana sensor-data query on raspberry pi 3
Date: 2023-04-16 17:15:11
Lists: pgsql-performance

On Sun, Apr 16, 2023 at 07:00:33PM +0200, Clemens Eisserer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am currently trying to migrate an influxdb 1.7 smarthome database to
> postgresql (13.9) running on my raspberry 3.
> It works quite well, but for the queries executed by grafana I get a
> bit highter execution times than I'd hoped for.

Suggestions:

- enable track_io_timing and show explain (analyze,buffers,settings)
- or otherwise show your non-default settings;
- show \d of your table(s)
- show the query plan for the 6 months query . The query plan may be
different, or (if you can run it with "analyze") it may be
illuminating to see how the query "scales".
- consider trying postgres 15 (btw, v16 will have a beta release next
month)

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Slow_Query_Questions

--
Justin