Re: First draft of the PG 15 release notes

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: First draft of the PG 15 release notes
Date: 2022-05-12 14:01:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, May 12, 2022 at 04:40:49PM +0530, Amit Kapila wrote:
> One more point related to logical replication features:
>

> Add SQL functions to monitor the directory contents of replication
> slots (Bharath Rupireddy)
>
> Specifically, the functions are pg_ls_logicalsnapdir(),
> pg_ls_logicalmapdir(), and pg_ls_replslotdir(). They can be run by
> members of the predefined pg_monitor role.
> >

> This feature is currently under the section "Streaming Replication and
> Recovery". Shouldn't it be under "Logical Replication"? The function
> names themselves seem to indicate that they are used for logical
> replication contents. I think the replication slot-related function
> would fall under both categories but overall it seems to belong to the
> "Logical Replication" section.

Oh, very good point! I missed that this is logical-slot-only
monitoring, so I moved the item to logical replication and changed the
description to:

Add SQL functions to monitor the directory contents of logical
replication slots (Bharath Rupireddy)

EDB https://enterprisedb.com

Indecision is a decision. Inaction is an action. Mark Batterson