Re: DBT-5 Stored Procedure Development (2022)

From: Mark Wong <markwkm(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Mahesh Gouru <mahesh(dot)gouru(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: DBT-5 Stored Procedure Development (2022)
Date: 2022-04-19 18:30:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Mahesh,

On Tue, Apr 19, 2022 at 02:01:54PM -0400, Mahesh Gouru wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Please review the attached for my jerry-rigged project proposal. I am
> seeking to continually refactor the proposal as I can!

My comments might briefer that they should be, but I need to write this
quickly. :)

* The 4 steps in the description aren't needed, they already exist.
* May 20: I think this should be more about reviewing the TPC-E
specification rather than industry research, as we want to try to
follow specification guidelines.
* June 20: Random data generation and scaling are provided by and
already defined by the spec
* Aug 01: A report generator already exists, but I think time could be
allocated to redoing the raw HTML generation with something like
reStructuredText, something that is easier to generate with scripts
and convertible into other formats with other tools

As some of tasks proposed are actually in place, one other task could be
updating egen (the TPC supplied code.) The kit was last developed again
1.12 and 1.14 is current as this email.

Regards,
Mark