Re: support for CREATE MODULE

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Swaha Miller <swaha(dot)miller(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: support for CREATE MODULE
Date: 2022-02-04 18:46:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Feb 2, 2022 at 06:28:30PM -0800, Swaha Miller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm following up from Jim's POC for adding MODULE to PostgreSQL. [1]
>
> My proposal implements modules as schema objects to be stored in a new
> system catalog pg_module with new syntax for CREATE [OR REPLACE] MODULE,

You might want to consider the steps that are most successful at getting
Postgres patches accepted:

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Todo
Desirability -> Design -> Implement -> Test -> Review -> Commit

In this case, you have jumped right to Implement. Asking about
Desirability first can avoid a lot of effort.

EDB https://enterprisedb.com