6.4: Email invalid when krb REALM ends with digit

From: Peter <pmc(at)citylink(dot)dinoex(dot)sub(dot)org>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: 6.4: Email invalid when krb REALM ends with digit
Date: 2022-01-17 21:42:26
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hija,

after starting 6.4 I couldn't login, and instead was shown a bunch of
those:

The domain name kerberos.realm.nr42 is not valid. It is not
within a valid top-level domain.

I found that this get checked in the "email_validator":

# All publicly deliverable addresses have domain named with at least
# one period. We also know that all TLDs end with a letter.

Very well so, but this does not necessarily hold true for Kerberos REALMs.

This is how we get there:

./pgadmin/tools/user_management/__init__.py:115
./pgadmin/utils/validation_utils.py:17

It seems this was not present in 4.30, but then it also probably
happens on first start only?

cheerio,
PMc