Re: log_autovacuum in Postgres 14 -- ordering issue

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
Cc: Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie>, Nikolay Samokhvalov <samokhvalov(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: log_autovacuum in Postgres 14 -- ordering issue
Date: 2021-08-27 00:54:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Aug 25, 2021 at 08:23:04PM -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> On 2021-Aug-25, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
>> This seems like a release housekeeping task to me. I'll come up with
>> a patch targeting 14 and master in a few days.
>
> Agreed, thanks.

Sorry for the late reply here. Indeed, I can see your point to move
the buffer usage a bit down, grouped with the other information
related to I/O. Moving down this information gives the attached. If
you wish to do that yourself, that's fine by me, of course.

Saying this, an ANALYZE-only command does amvacuumcleanup() for all
the indexes and the stats exist. I am not saying that we should do
that for 14 as that's too late, but we could consider adding the index
information also in this case in 15~?
--
Michael

Attachment Content-Type Size
vacuum-buffer-log.patch text/plain 1.1 KB