Re: Multiple hosts in connection string failed to failover in non-hot standby mode

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Hubert Zhang <zhubert(at)vmware(dot)com>, tsunakawa(dot)takay(at)fujitsu(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Andreas Seltenreich <seltenreich(at)gmx(dot)de>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Subject: Re: Multiple hosts in connection string failed to failover in non-hot standby mode
Date: 2021-05-31 03:33:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, May 31, 2021 at 11:00:55AM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> Yeah. On the contrary, it could be confusing if one sees an error
> message but there is nothing to worry about, because things are
> working in the scope of what the user wanted at connection time.

In my recent quest to look at GSSAPI builds on Windows, I have bumped
into another failure that's related to this thread. hamerkop
summarizes the situation here:
https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=hamerkop&dt=2021-05-29%2010%3A15%3A42

There are two failures like this one as errorMessage piles up on
failures, as of connect/test5:
-[NO_PID]: ECPGconnect: connection to server failed: FATAL: database
"regress_ecpg_user2" does not exist
+[NO_PID]: ECPGconnect: connection to server failed: could not
initiate GSSAPI security context: Unspecified GSS failure. Minor
code may provide more information: Credential cache is empty
--
Michael