Re: BUG #16854: initdb fails on ReFS and FAT32 file systems

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)oss(dot)nttdata(dot)com>
Cc: katsuaki(dot)fukushima(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org, PG Bug reporting form <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org>, peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com
Subject: Re: BUG #16854: initdb fails on ReFS and FAT32 file systems
Date: 2021-03-22 06:21:20
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Fri, Feb 05, 2021 at 11:26:51PM +0900, Fujii Masao wrote:
> I'm not sure if ReFS is the supported platform or not. But if it is,
> the assumption that the above commit log says is not correct. If so,
> ISTM that we need to rethink the changes that commit introduced.

A side effect of 909b449, basically a revert of aaa3aed, means that
this issue gets fixed. If you are interested in supporting this
configuration, I highly recommend that you create a buildfarm animal
so as we can know in live what gets broken once a patch is committed
rather than 1 year later. Please see here:
https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_status.pl
--
Michael