Re: SV: Log files polluted with permission denied error messages after every 10 seconds

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Andrus <kobruleht2(at)hot(dot)ee>
Cc: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>, Niels Jespersen <NJN(at)dst(dot)dk>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Laurenz Albe <laurenz(dot)albe(at)cybertec(dot)at>, pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: SV: Log files polluted with permission denied error messages after every 10 seconds
Date: 2021-03-16 23:41:19
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, Mar 17, 2021 at 01:09:24AM +0200, Andrus wrote:
> Should I try install Visual C++ , compile and replace postgres.exe file in
> AMD server.

Mostly. That's the annoying part:
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/install-windows-full.html

It is also possible to compile the code on a first machine, then just
zip followed by an unzip it at the same location as your installation.

I am not completely sure which flags your installation has, but
another possibility is that I directly send to you two compiled
builds, one with the patch and one without it that you could directly
test. I would not send that to the lists as an installation is rather
large, but I could just send you links from where you could download
both of them. Then you would just need to stop the Postgres service,
do a drop-in deplacement of the binaries, and start again the Postgres
service.
--
Michael