Re: Log files polluted with permission denied error messages after every 10 seconds

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Andrus <kobruleht2(at)hot(dot)ee>
Cc: Laurenz Albe <laurenz(dot)albe(at)cybertec(dot)at>, pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Log files polluted with permission denied error messages after every 10 seconds
Date: 2021-03-07 09:27:57
Lists: pgsql-general

On Sat, Mar 06, 2021 at 07:53:11PM +0200, Andrus wrote:
> I changed wal_recycle to off. So checkpointer should no more try to rename
> wal files. Iit still tries to rename files. No idea way it does not use this
> setting:

On Windows, RemoveXlogFile() would still rename a given WAL segment
file with a ".deleted" suffix with ou without wal_recycle in the case
where the a recycling of a WAL segment is not necessary, for example
if max_wal_size is already full. So this has no effect.

> Should chekpointer process terminated to force it to use new setting. Is it
> safe to kill it during database usage.

I don't understand what you mean here.
--
Michael