pgAdmin crashes connected with packet loss?

From: "Karel Charvat" <Charvat(dot)K(at)seznam(dot)cz>
To: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pgAdmin crashes connected with packet loss?
Date: 2015-02-06 14:29:30
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hallo,

I'm using Windows version of pgAdmin III v 1.18.1 on my laptop. I can
connect to various database servers without significant problems from many
places and the connection is relatively stable. At my home, I have issues
with connection. I can connect without problems, but after few minutes
pgAdmin freezes and I obtain message: “ERROR  : could not receive data from
server: Software caused connection abort (0x00002745/10053)”

As this happens mainly at my home, and the connection is ok at other places,
I think, problem is in my router or on the side of my ISP.

I tried to investigate a little and tested ping ( ping –t 1000) to database
server several times.

The packet loss is usually between 0.3 % and 0.5 %

Do you think this rate of packet loss can cause so serious database
connection issues, or my problems aren’t connected with this packet loss?

Best regards,

Karel