Re: Dark mode styling for the website

From: hubert depesz lubaczewski <depesz(at)depesz(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: Vik Fearing <vik(at)postgresfriends(dot)org>, PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Dago A Carralero <tocarralero(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Dark mode styling for the website
Date: 2022-10-13 12:10:32
Lists: pgsql-www

On Thu, Oct 13, 2022 at 12:46:15PM +0100, Dave Page wrote:
> FYI, I've setup a test instance at
> http://ec2-18-170-0-35.eu-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com
> One minor change since the last patch: FontAwesome icons are now shown in
> the same off-white as the text, rather than pure white.

Not sure if this is the time for comments on the colors/readability,
but just in case:

Firefox 105.0.3 on Ubuntu Ubuntu 22.04.1

My comments:
1. In the latest releases list, there is even/odd difference in
background between versions. The lighter background is too light, and
makes it harder to read "Notes", plus I'd say it's a bit jarring.
2. Same problem for Upcoming events.
3. "Learning Opportunities Ahead" section is on white background, with
while title, which is invisible unless selected.
4. Same problem in "Seeing unexpected behavior?" section.

depesz