Re: [HACKERS] question

From: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
To: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hacker <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] question
Date: 1999-12-10 20:40:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 10-Dec-99 Michael Meskes wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 10, 1999 at 11:06:43AM -0500, Vince Vielhaber wrote:
>> It would seem rather trivial in PHP to do that. I've done a number of
>> database routines with PostgreSQL and PHP and most of 'em end up as less
>> than a page of code (including blank lines).
>
> That's the kind of answer I expected. But I still hope I can get along with
> less programming on my part. :-)

Right, but the reason I suggested doing it that way is something as small
as this is usually quicker to do it yourself than installing a package.
Alot of the packages that should be simple (and probably are) end up taking
3-4 hours to figure out, install and setup and may not fit the bill vs an
hour or so knocking something out that would be exactly what you want.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH email: vev(at)michvhf(dot)com flame-mail: /dev/null
# include <std/disclaimers.h> Have you seen http://www.pop4.net?
Online Campground Directory http://www.camping-usa.com
Online Giftshop Superstore http://www.cloudninegifts.com