RE: [HACKERS] web site addition

From: Dmitry Samersoff <dms(at)wplus(dot)net>
To: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: [HACKERS] web site addition
Date: 1999-05-11 05:20:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 11-May-99 Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Here is the overview:
>
> I have not seen good program for converting postgres table into DBF file,
> and reverse. That is why I wrote this pg2xbase utility. This is my first
> program written in C++, then there could be some lacks.

The main problem of such conversion is numerouse DBF format versions.
It different mainly in memo fields and floating numbers.

Sample conversion can easy be done by PHP or PERL, for advanced one
it's better to use ODBC under MS Win.

---
Dmitry Samersoff, dms(at)wplus(dot)net, ICQ:3161705
http://devnull.wplus.net
* there will come soft rains ...