Re: [SQL] Query to eliminate duplicates

From: Mario Filipe <mjnf(at)uevora(dot)pt>
To: Sferacarta Software <sferac(at)bo(dot)nettuno(dot)it>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [SQL] Query to eliminate duplicates
Date: 1998-12-03 08:59:21
Lists: pgsql-sql

On 02-Dec-98 Sferacarta Software wrote:
> MF> Is there a way to eliminate duplicate records using just SQL?
>
> SELECT DISTINCT ...

I deserved that!

The problem is that i have a table where there are duplicate records
and i want to delete them! I tryed creating a unique index but it told me it
couldn't because it didn't have a function to do something (I think it is
because i had a boolean field in it)

Thanks

P.S : I've looked in ther archive and found that there were others who made the
same question yet never got an anwser...

Mario Filipe
mjnf(at)uevora(dot)pt
http://neptuno.sc.uevora.pt/~mjnf (modificada em 26/11/98)