Re: [HACKERS] unique indexes and pqlib

From: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] unique indexes and pqlib
Date: 1998-10-19 00:32:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 19-Oct-98 Tom Lane wrote:
> Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com> writes:
>>> Why do you care, exactly?
>
>> I'm doing the libpq and psql ports for OS/2.
>
> Ah. In that case, pleased to meetcha. I guess you can either wait till
> 6.4 formal release (maybe another couple weeks?), or get involved now.
> An advantage of getting involved now is that any porting patches you find
> necessary could still be fed back into the 6.4 release. Do you care how
> much your version diverges from 6.4 official?

I'll be getting involved now (even tho I've been here for a few months),
that should make things alot easier.

> I've somehow unofficially acquired the position of head libpq basher,
> so feel free to talk to me about any changes you need there.
>
> regards, tom lane

Great! Around the time of 6.2 (I think), Marc submitted a couple of changes
for me, mostly minor. Unless major changes have occurred I'm hoping it'll
go smoothly and rather uneventful as 6.3 did.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH email: vev(at)michvhf(dot)com flame-mail: /dev/null
# include <std/disclaimers.h> TEAM-OS2
Online Searchable Campground Listings http://www.camping-usa.com
"There is no outfit less entitled to lecture me about bloat
than the federal government" -- Tony Snow