PostgreSQL and AMD?

From: "John Tregea" <john(at)debraneys(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL and AMD?
Date: 2008-06-15 23:27:05
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I have been asked to specify a pair of HP PC's to set up a PostGreSQL server (and backup) for a client. The HP model we are looking at has an AMD Phenom™ Quad Core Processor (9600B). The machines would be running Windows XP Pro (our clients requirement). Can anyone tell me if PostgreSQL runs fine on the AMD platform and specifically does anyone have experience with the AMD Phenom™ Quad Core Processors 9600B.

Thanks in advance

John Tregea
Technology Director
Debraneys