Re: Upgrading postgresql minor version

From: Andreas Joseph Krogh <andreas(at)visena(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Upgrading postgresql minor version
Date: 2017-05-10 15:00:16
Lists: pgsql-general

På onsdag 10. mai 2017 kl. 16:55:50, skrev Ron Ben <ronb910(at)walla(dot)co(dot)il
<mailto:ronb910(at)walla(dot)co(dot)il>>:
  I think you miss understood me.
pg_dump dumps the data. the tables, functions and the data saved in them.
I have daily backups for this so i'm not worried.

What i'm woried about are the "executables files". These files are what is
actualy being updated when you update the version.
I want to be able to roll them back in case of upgrade failure without rolling
back the data.

Basicly what I want is to save on the side all the files that will be change
by the update and in case of failure just to replace them back.
Is it doable? How?

What about just re-installing the previous version the same way you installed
the "patch-release"-version?

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh